Amjad completed his four-year degree in Exercise Physiology in 2013, and has since worked in a variety of settings, including gyms, hospitals and in private practice.
In addition to helping prevent and manage chronic conditions, Amjad specialises in exercise rehabilitation for neurological conditions.
He developed a passion for this area whilst working with the physiotherapy team at the Prince of Wales Hospital, and has a special interest in helping with conditions such as Parkinson’s, Stroke and Multiple Sclerosis. Prior to this, Amjad also worked at Sutherland Hospital with the heart failure and pulmonary team.
Amjad retired from Rugby League in 2014 and has a strong background in strength and conditioning, which he incorporates into his neurological exercise prescription. His biggest reward is in helping clients achieve their goals and return to a significant level of independence.
Whether you prefer to be seen at our Clinic, in the comfort of your own home, or at the local gym, Amjad will ensure that your exercise program is tailored to your specific goals and needs.
Examples of conditions Amjad can help with:
- Neurological conditions such as Stroke, Parkinson’s & Multiple Sclerosis
- Diabetes and other metabolic conditions
- Weight loss
- Cardiovascular issues such as heart failure or post stent
- High blood pressure
- Falls risk and balance programs
- Exercise programs for older age groups
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Osteoporosis and bone health
- Mental health issues such as depression and anxiety